I was thinking recently that I should share my love of products with the world. I have a number things that I am very passionate about that range from makeup/hair products, to spices, to various tools that I couldn't live without. I figure, if you read the blog, you at least somewhat care about my opinions (and if you don't, then there's really no reason to keep reading.). I will publish monthly, and include three favorites of all time as well. Since January has come and gone, here is January and February's edition of "These are a few of my favorite things"
- John Frieda Full Repair Conditioner: I am telling you, this deep conditioner will make your hair softer than it has ever been. My friend Saloni introduced me to this while we were in Orlando and gave me a squirt to try and I seriously went out and bought it the minute I was home. Love it, and it smells amazing.
- Revlon Custom Eyes in Naturally Glamorous: This is an eyeshadow quad on steroids because it also includes a liner shadow (so I guess it's more of a quint than a quad..?) I love the colors in the Naturally Glamorous kit because they are all bronzey goldey naturals that are a really easy day look. I have a flat eyeliner brush that I use for the liner shadow, and wing it out a little the same way that I would with liquid liner or a pencil. I'm obsessed and finally found my day look!!!
- Soap & Glory "Hand Food": Holy mother of hand cream, batman. This is seriously the BEST. I discovered it prior to January, but was able to share it with the CFS team for a little holiday goody and we have talked about it on a daily basis since. It smells great, but not overpowering, and is NOT greasy. I get it at Sephora, but I know that Target sells S&G brand too.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: So, I have started drinking vinegar [check that off of my 30 list!] - so far, so good. I will dedicate a post to it once I have been doing it for at least a month. I have been drinking Bragg ACV "with the mother" - its organic, gluten free, and unfiltered. The suggestion is to drink 1-2 tsp ACV in 8 oz of water, 3x a day. I make it in my Nalgene bottle - I started with 4 tsp and have increased to a little over 6 tsp in the 32 oz of water and I add one packet of Stevia in the Raw.
- Orange Vanilla seltzer: We recently started buying seltzer because water gets old pretty fast. This is seriously like a party in your mouth. It is delicious and super refreshing.
- My SimpliciTEA travel mug thing: So, I have always been a big tea drinker, but I was recently brought into the Green Tea House and saw this, and just had to try it. To test it out, I purchased Raspberry Mint Green Tea AND Mint Chocolate Marshmallow (because how could I NOT get that one?!). I am seriously obsessed.
- Benefit HIGH BEAM highlighter: The secret to my youthly glow. I have never been a big blush person (since I'm pretty rosey to begin with) - and way back in the day when I wrote in to Carmindy asking about makeup suggestions, this was on the list. [my love for Carmindy will be for another day]. A little dab of this under my eyebrows, on my cheekbones, and sometimes on my cupid's bow and it just makes me feel gorgeous. No clue why, just go with it.
- Alka Seltzer: Seriously, the best OTC remedy you can buy. My grandmother swore by it back in the day, and I swear by it now. I take it for everything and it seriously cures ev.ery.thing. No joke. Trust me.
- Law & Order SVU reruns: while I will forever love this show, I miss Elliott.
Recipe of the day: